Protos Max V2L with Brain2 Flybarless System Kit
Note that this item will be sent with signature required. If you wish to waive the signature requirement, please indicate as such in the notes at checkout.
The Protos Max V2 Leggero leverages the industries most robust and technologically advanced platform, but removes a staggering 330g from the Max V2 design. The end result is an unmatched experience in light weight performance yet incredible strength. The Max V2 Leggero is ready to elevate your hobby to new heights of performance and fun.
Utilizing new composite materials, many components of the Max V2 Leggero have been updated to remove weight and elevate performance. With the updated design it's now possible to build a world class 700 machine with unparalleled robustness below 12lb (5.45Kg). Yet the Max V2L retains the strength to support 770 and 800 configurations. The legendary twin belt design carries incredible power, while removing the noise, high maintenance, and vibration caused by traditional designs.
- Updated super lightweight bottom frame (changed from Ultralight)
- Lightweight "Gorilla" landing gear included. Gorilla gear take abuse, and are nearly indestructible
- Lightweight battery tray
- Lightweight main gear
- Lightweight front tail pulley
- Main shaft modified for reduced weight
- Lightweight aluminum motor pulley
- Lightweight canopy mounts with pre-installed gromets
- Configurable as a 700, 770, or 800. 770 or 800 options require inexpensive conversion kits
- Innovative gear-less twin belt design. Ultra robust. Ultra quiet. Ultra efficient.
- Tail belt auto tensioner using a full spring implementation for extreme durability and consistency.
- Large rear tail pulley to dramatically improve tail authority and belt life
- Compact all metal head design with integrated pitch reference. Capable of handling extreme loads in an 700/770/800 configuration.
- Ultimate tail holding power and ease of tuning with a 4.8 ratio and mechanics to handle 115mm tail blades at high RPM
- Brain2 Flybarless System included. Ground breaking performance, tuned by some of the most technically minded pilots in the world. Ultra simple wizard for setup.Full telemetry, logging and rescue capability.
- Includes matching tail fin sticker
Recommended light weight competition ready configuration:
Approximate RTF weight: 11.85lb
DIMENSIONS Frame Support frame made in carbon fiber 2.5mm and aluminium.
Bottom frame made in one-piece high quality thermoplastic material System trasmission
(motor - main rotor - tail rotor) Single belt HTD3mm Usable main blades 700mm (with short boom)
fino a 800mm (with long boom) Battery usable LiPo from 10s to 14s 4000/5500mAh Battery compartment dimensions 70mmx60mmx360mm Suggested battery Lipo 12s 5000mAh Main rotor diameter 1577mm (with 700mm blades)
1777mm (with 800mm blades) Tail rotor diameter 286mm (with 105mm tail blades) Total lenght without blades 1372mm Total lenght with blades 1758mm (with 700mm blades)
1858mm (with 800mm blades) Main shaft diameter 12mm totally hollow Tail shaft diameter 6mm Fully height 365mm Swashplate servos 3x standard servos
(to use the servo horn present inside the kit is necessary that servo shaft is like Futaba, MKS or Savox)
It's available as upgrade also JR horn Tail servo 1x standard servo Maximum dimension of main blade root 14mm M5 screw Maximum dimension of tail blade root 5mm M3 screw Teeth pinion 20T 21T (included inside the kit) 22T (upgrade) Main pulley teeth 200T Tail pulley teeth 42T Tail boom diameter 27mm Spindle diameter 10mm Main head and tail box construction material Al 7075 (Ergal) Main shaft construction material Steel 1000 N/mm^2 (Steeltech AG - ETG 100) - See more at: http://www.msheli.com/en/MSHeli-Protos-Flybarless-System/protos-max-other-informations#sthash.nJGi5Idy.dpuf
Support frame made in 2.5mm carbon fiber and aluminum.
Bottom frame made in one-piece super light weight composite thermoplastic
||Twin belt drive system. Motor belt is 15mm wide gates. Tail belt is 6mm gates
|Usable main blades
700 setup: 726mm max (115mm tail blades)
770 setup: 786mm max (115mm tail blades)
800 setup: 830mm (115mm tail blades)
||LiPo from 10s to 14s 4000/5800mAh
|Battery compartment dimensions
||Lipo 12s 5000mAh
|Main rotor diameter
1577mm (with 700mm blades)
1717mm (with 770mm blades)
1777mm (with 800mm blades)
|Tail rotor diameter
||306mm (with 115mm tail blades)
|Total length without blades
|Total length with blades
1758mm (with 700mm blades)
1828mm (with 770mm blades)
1858mm (with 800mm blades)
|Main shaft diameter
|Tail shaft diameter
3x standard servos
(to use the precision clutch style servo horns provided inside the kit it is necessary that servo shaft is compatible with Xpert, Futaba, MKS or Savox)
JR compatible servo hubs available as an upgrade part
||1x standard servo
|Maximum dimension of main blade root
||14mm M5 screw
|Maximum dimension of tail blade root
||5mm M3 screw
||20T aluminum servo included (18T, 19T, 21T, 22T, 23T optional). Supports 6mm and 8mm motor shafts.
|Main pulley teeth
|Tail boom diameter
Needed for assembly:
- 3 full size swash servos, 1 full size tail servo
- Main rotor blades (690 - 726mm)
- Tail blades (105 - 115mm. 115mm preferred for aggressive flight or low headspeeds)
- 700 class Motor (480-540kV 12s), 14s optional. Supports both 6mm and 8mm shaft diameter
- 12s LiPo (5000mah typical). 14s LiPo (4400mah typical)
- BEC (preferred). Or RX LiPo.
- ESC (120A - 200A, 12s to 14s. Depending on the power system chosen and flight style)
Manual for download
Max V2 Leggero popular optional upgrades: